Friday, November 23, 2007

So Much To Be Thankful For

"The best things in life aren't things!"

I really like the holiday Thanksgiving. It is not so over done and commercialized like the rest. We have always spent it together with family. Sometime during the day (when the turkey coma has set in) I like to contemplate how lucky we truly are and "give thanks".

I have been trying in the last year to develop the attitude of gratitude. I spend just a couple of minutes each day to look at life and appreciate how great it really is. So I make sure during my morning shower, that I just go through a short list of what I am grateful for. It helps me keep a more positive outlook through the day.

Here is my list:

1) My Children and Husband - What can I say! I have a wonderful husband who is kind, caring, loyal and loving. My children are great kids who are polite, caring and honest. You really can not ask for more than that.

2) Family - The love and support of our family gets us through the good and the bad.

3) Friends and Extended Family - We are fortunate to have a lot of friends. A lot of our friends we consider extended family. They are always there for you.

4) My Horses - Our horses bring us a lot of joy. We love working with them. They are also the reason we have so many friends. Competitions have allowed us to meet a lot of really great people all over the state.

5) Music - Music is essential to me. I love all kinds. It helps me when I am happy or sad.

6) Morning Shower - Yes I love to shower. It is my favorite thing in the morning to be able to just relax with the sound of the water. It is also when I go through my appreciation list.

7) Morning Coffee - I love a good cup of coffee. It makes you all warm and wonderful inside especially when your amazing husband puts on the bathroom counter each morning while you take a shower. So it is waiting for you when you get out!

Each day there are always people, events or things added to the list. I know that I am truly blessed.

No comments: