Monday, November 19, 2007

Maliyah's First Horse Ride


Coy picked up Mariah and Macenzie a couple of weekends ago. They wanted to come ride horses while the weather was still nice. We were hoping they were going to spend the weekend but they could only stay one day.

Since the girls were down, Michelle decided to drive down with Maliyah. She is almost one year old. It was her first time around the horses.

She was so cute. She instantly fell in love with them. She just petted their faces and wanted to touch them. We had to watch her a little cause she wanted to touch their eyes.

Then we put her on with Mariah. She was so excited. She just waved her arms and bounced up and down. She smiled and smiled. It was so cute.

Then I put her on with me. I am really careful for the first ride to not scare them. So usually we just walk. However, she was having so much fun that I decided to try trotting. She loved it. She was trying to kiss to the horse like I was to go faster. It was hysterical.

Watching kids wonder and love to be with the horses makes all worthwhile. When I am independently wealthy and don't have a job that I have to go to everyday, I will have a place to help children through relationships with horses. That is my goal. I love to work with children and my horses so it is a perfect combination.


1 comment:

Kacey said...

Oh...I haven't seen a picture of Michelle's kids for a long time! That is so cute with them on the horse. I hardly recognize Mariah - she is so grown up! And Maliyah is adorable. Sure sounds like she had a ball!
We need to do lunch again! :-)