Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sweet 16

Racheal turned 16 on September 30. I am not really sure how to react to that.

I am happy and sad to see her grow up. I don't want to let her go but she is turning into such a beautiful person that it is exciting to see what she will become.

I am very proud of her. She is genuinely nice to people. She has a strong sense for what she wants from life. She does not let others take advantage of her. She works hard. She is trying to complete all of her high school credits early so she can work on college credits her junior and senior year.

I am really lucky to have such a great teenager. I know most parents don't say that, but she is pretty honest with us. I am sure she has some secrets. We all do. She lets us know what she is doing and who she is with. She helps us with all of the horses and a lot around the house. Thankfully she is not completely boy crazy yet. She likes them but keeps them in perspective to her other goals.

The next couple of years will be interesting but hopefully we can continue to work things through.



1 comment:

Kacey said...

Oh Sweet 16! She's probably so excited. So is she driving yet? That's what always made my parents the most nervous. That is a great picture of her. She is so pretty Teresa! And boy does she look a lot like you!