Wednesday, October 31, 2007

13 Already

On October 28, Brent turned 13. Wow! I can not believe that I have two teenagers.

Everyone says that you have to worry about girls more than boys. I completely disagree. With Racheal, I really never worried about boys at 13. Brent already has a girlfriend who is a year older than him. He has already kissed a girl. (I am sure he will be mad if he reads this. )

Brent is affected a lot more by what people think. He tries to make everyone happy. So my concern as the parent of a teenager is he will be more willing to listen to his friends. Brent does however have a very strong conscious. He really tries not to sensitive to others.

He has really grown up in the last year. Not only by increasing his size, but he has become very independent. That is really hard for me. I want him to be independent but I felt more useful when he relied on me more. I am sure most parents go through that same conflict.

He has decided he is going to try wrestling this year. So far he has been really responsible with it. He gets up 2 days a week at 5:45 to go to weight lifting. Now we just need to make sure his homework stays caught up.

Even though he is a teenager, I am really lucky as a parent. Brent is an honest kid. I really mean it. He even tells on himself if he has done something wrong. Who could ask for anything more than that!

No comments: