Monday, July 16, 2007

New Harry Potter

I am an avid Harry Potter fan. I am not quite sure why but I am definitely hooked. I think it is because it is time that Racheal and I spend together. We have read every book together. Although that is hard to do with our schedules, we make time to read them when they are released.

I have had the new book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) on preorder for several months. It is supposed to arrive on Saturday. I love Amazon for that. I never have to wait in line at a store. It is just delivered on time without any hassles.

I can not wait to read it. It will be interesting to see how she ends the series.

On Wednesday, we went to the opening of the new Harry Potter movie. I had promised Racheal and Keylee that I would take them the day it came out.

The movie was visually amazing and you do fall in love with the characters all over again. If you are an avid fan of the books, I am sure you have the same criticism that I do. They really miss a lot of the book in the movie. I know that they try to keep movies to a certain time limit. They also need to keep the story moving along with the high action sequences.

You should go to be entertained and ignore all of the details. However, in this movie they really leave out some of the key details from book 5. They do not build any of the story lines of the characters especially the relationship of Harry and his godfather. So when he is killed, there is not the emotion like when Cedric was killed in the movie Harry and the Goblet of Fire. There are so many key points missing that I am not sure how the movie for book 6 will work. There will be a lot of confusion on the part of the person who has only seen the movies.

The movies are a fun way to see the books in live action but the do not really represent the complexity and story of the books.

No comments: