Monday, May 14, 2007

Family Support


I could not have been more lucky then when I married to get such wonderful in-laws. Coy's family is amazing. They are so supportive of each other. I am especially grateful of how much they support my children in all that they do.

This weekend we had 2 high school rodeos. One of them was the rodeo our high school rodeo. So it was really important that we had all of the help that we could at our arena. Coy stayed to help our school and I hauled Racheal to Spanish Fork.
I know a lot about several horse events but I am really a novice when it comes to roping. I am not comfortable making sure that the children have everything they need before they rope. They have to check their cattle, their rope, and then have someone push their cow to make sure it comes out straight. Usually Coy takes care of the roping events. Since he could not be there, he called his brother Troy to come help. As usual Troy was right there to help her. Above is a picture of him in the box with her in team roping.
Racheal had a really good rodeo in Spanish Fork. She caught her breakaway calf in 4.95 seconds. That is her best run so far in high school rodeo. She ran a little slower pole pattern only 23 but it was clean. She did miss in the team roping. She was not prepared to rope when her partner caught.
I wish I could say Saturday went as well. Her horse does not like to run poles in a short arena. He is really afraid of running up to the panel. So he dove on the fifth pole and she got a no time. It is hard to be really mad at the horse because he is only trying to protect himself but it is frustrating for her not being able to get him past this issue. She missed in the breakaway and her partner missed in the team roping. So she did not have a very good night.
I would love to do more for her but she will need to find the confidence in herself. She will get there we just need to keep teaching her the correct things. With all of the support from her family, she has a great start.

No comments: