Monday, March 3, 2008

Catch Up Again

I am not sure what has happened to me but I am having a hard time blogging this year. It is probably because I really dislike winter time. I am not very motivated to do anything when it is cold.

Rodeo season started early for us. We had our first rodeo February 22 and 23. Yes it was cold. It snowed the morning of the first day but luckily by the time the rodeo started it was done.

This was Racheal's first rodeo since the accident. I was extremely proud of her to dig deep down and be able to go in and compete. She had some great accomplishments. She had the best barrel run that she has had on her mare in the last 2 years. Her first barrel was awesome. She had a clean pole run the next day. Even though she had not really practiced poles in the last four months. She placed in the Team Roping too.

However, the weekend was really tough on her. She almost threw up before every event. Then on Saturday she cried off and on all day. I think we may let her start too early. She really wants to rodeo but that trauma is a lot to get over. We will continue to support her in whatever she decides to do.

Brent had some good moments too. My favorite was Brent and Shad in the Team Roping. The had a beautiful run. Brent headed and handled it really well. Then Shad got both heels. They did awesome. They were so cute.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Woohoo for rodeos! You need to come to Houston to our rodeo; you'd love it! I LOVE your slide show pictures!