Monday, January 21, 2008

Trip to Oklahoma

Some of our really good friends moved to Oklahoma in August. We have really missed them and was trying to figure out when we could take a trip out there. My kids have only been to a few states. So I thought it would be a good idea to make the time to go out right after Christmas. My thinking was that we had not had a road trip in a long time and it would be fun to sight see along the way. Well, you don't sight see when it is freezing outside!

We left the day after Christmas. It was cold. We drove from Nephi to New Mexico. We almost made the Texas border. I could not talk the kids in to getting out at the Colorado sign. It was way too cold. They did get out when we hit New Mexico. By the end of the night, I was exhausted. It had been too cold to get out at too many places. So we just kept driving. Thank goodness for portable DVD players. At least they kids were some what entertained.

The second day we drove from New Mexico to Oklahoma City. We went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. I am sure the kids were excited as I was to get out of the car for several hours. It is an amazing place. We got to see the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame. There are several different sections from Western Movie Stars to famous western painters. There was a sculpture of John Wayne that was done by someone who lives in South Jordan Utah.

We spent the night in Oklahoma City. We had a really good steak dinner. Since I was still trying to catch up from Brent keeping us all up at Christmas, I crashed at 8:00. It really helped me have enough energy to enjoy the rest of the trip. Brent needed to burn off some energy from being in the car. So he went swimming.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That looks like an great trip! I would love to go to the Cowboy Hall of Fame!!! Maybe I should take a roud trip!!

McKenna Gordon said...

I would have murdered my brothers on a trip like this. :)