Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Holiday Catch Up

So I really did it. After about the 20th of December, I just relaxed and enjoyed the holidays. Sure I still had a lot to do but I did what I could and let the rest take care of itself.

Now, I am back. I want to catch up on all of the holiday events. We started the holidays with a Christmas party the Saturday before with the kids from Moab. It was a really good weekend. We ate, opened presents and played games. It was a quick trip for them but it was nice.

My grandparents came over Saturday night for dinner and presents. Emma came this time. She was so funny. She helped me hand out presents. She had more fun handing them out than she did opening her own. She kept wanting to give out one more. It was really cute. She took to my grandpa for some reason. She would hug him everytime she got to open a present. It did not matter who it was from.

Tristen is so excited when he comes here. He loves to talk. He stayed up late with me on Friday to watch my favorite Christmas movie "A Christmas Story". It is almost sad to send him home because you can tell he does not want to go.

Haillee is the quiet one. She just tries to blend. She was excited about a couple of her gifts. I was proud of her this weekend for smiling for pictures. She also stood up to me about the clothes she was going to wear. I know most adults would be offended but I like to see that she can have a mind of her own. I worry about her not taking care of herself.

I really miss them and wish we could do more. I try to give them a little glimpse at a stable family life. Hopefully, they can see a goal to strive towards as they grow up.

No comments: