Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Search Continues


After working full time today, I come home to spend time with my family. I run 2 businesses as well as 2 part time business. Needless to say my schedule is busy. I really try to make sure that I leave at 5:00 so that I have enough time to spend with the kids in the evening.


The search for the perfect horse continues. We have called on several more horses today. I think we have found one that may work. She is an all around horse. She has been shown in reining, won queen contests, roped on, and shown in 4H. She may make the perfect horse for Brent. We will have to wait until Friday to see.


In the meantime, we have started to put out the word on the friends and family network that we need a new horse for Brent. My brother in law is going to talk to some ropers he knows. We have called friends as far away as St George. The best chance to find a great horse is the same way to find anything else personal referral.


We also have sad news today. The horse that has raised both of my children. The one that has taken them to State 4H and placed them in many other events has to retire this year. She is really having a hard time with the winter. She has navicular in both front legs. The weather is so cold that she does not want to walk on the frozen ground. We have been given her some medicine to make her comfortable and we have a blanket on her but it is not enough. We need someone to take her that can keep her in an indoor barn. She just needs to give rides to small children. Her days of competing are done. She is a part of our family, so this is a really tough decision. It has to be made though.

No comments: