Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolutions?

So it is 2009. Should we be excited? What is up with starting life over at the beginning of a new year? You see it everywhere. People are making resolutions that they are not going to keep a week from January 1.

Instead of making resolutions this year, I am going to commit to making a new goal a week. I have never been a good goal setter. I think it has to do with goals being so long term and the reward is so far away. This week's goal is get my finances organized. So by Sunday, I am going to have all of my accounts reconciled, consolidated and reviewed.

The only true way to build wealth is to know your starting point. Then you can watch it grow.

Oh yeah and each week, I am going to have an instant reward. This weekend's reward is going to see a movie in the theater.

3 comments:

Kacey said...

You are so right. I love this idea as a way to accomplish goals!

Juli said...

I like immediate rewards, too (a movie being my favorite!). I'm gonna start rewarding myself, too... what a motivator!

McKenna Gordon said...

What a great idea. Very much more motivating than the typical new year's rez. I think I might try this. I'll feel much more accomplishment with bite-sized goals. Just can't have my weekly reward be FOOD hahaha :)