Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Steer Riding Over?


On Labor Day, we went to CUJR finals. The kids did not have enough points to win the year end except Brent had a chance to make up some points in Steer Riding. However, he had to ride 2 that day. The 2nd one was is the short go.

Well, he did not get the first one rode. He was disappointed. He had to come back in the short go. It did not go well. He got thrown in the first 2 jumps but then the thing that happens frequently in riding did. He got kicked twice. The first one got him in the shoulder just on the other side of the vest. So it was nice and brusied. The second one got him in the leg. It tore a hole in his pants and he had cuts on the back of his knee and leg.

Of course, I caught the kick on film. The 2 pictures of his second ride are included. The second picture is pretty cool. I was really worried about him until he got up. Then I knew he was okay.
I am wondering if this will be the end of his rough stock riding. He does not seem to be as interested in it. He has not asked to ride in Little Britches that starts in October.
I will just have to wait and see. I am perfectly happy with him being a roper.

No comments: